CMOSS Convergence Backplane where it all startsEletter Product
3U OpenVPX CMOSS C4ISR Convergence Backplane
This 12 slot 3U OpenVPX backplane (12 payload +2 power supply slots) supports
the defense industry’s h/w and s/w convergence initiatives for modular architecture. It is an integration platform for modules addressing the DoD’s CMOSS (C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards) providing the foundation for the creation of systems optimized for performance, reduced SWaP and lower lifecycle costs for rapid technology insertion. It enables the development of complex, high speed signal processing systems with the latest fiber and RF connectivity as well as precision radial network timing plus slot profiles for SBCs, switches, radial clock(s) and expansion.
The backplane supports high speed signals on all data paths plus has leading edge VITA67.3 modular connectors compatible with legacy VITA 67.1 and VITA 66.4 RF and optical I/O connectors.
- Slot profiles as defined in MOSA, VICTORY, MORA, VITA 49, VITA 65, HOST, FACE, SOSA and RedHawk Linux
- Supports 1000BASE-BX, 10GBASE-KX, 10GBASE-KR, or 40GBASE-KR4 connectivity
- VITA 66.4 optical, 67.1 RF and VITA 67.3 RF/Optical modules
- Supports IEEE 1588 precision timing protocol with a radial clock card slot and seven supporting slots for sub-microsecond network timing and synchronization
- Slots 13 and 14 for two VITA 62 power supplies.
- Developers can deploy the backplane in its entirety or in part by working with Elma to identify the optimal configuration.
- Enables short development cycles and fast time to market
- Allows the integration of different instruments into the same chassis so they can share common sensors and communicate directly thus eliminating much external cabling.
- Reduces overall system foot print
For a more complete view of our line of products visit our website at www.elma.com